[Mldxcc] Congratulations to KR6N

Robert Hess via Mldxcc mldxcc at contesting.com
Wed Aug 6 16:31:26 EDT 2014

I don't want to steal Bob's (KR6N) thunder, but he called me last night to let me know that he worked 128 stations in last week's NAQP......ON CW!

Bob is not a CW contester, but he used the techniques he heard in N6RNO's and K6OK's talks on CW contesting without knowing CW.  With that said, Bob does have the ability to copy CW, but not at the speeds used in contesting.  He told me that he worked one guy who he clocked at 39 wpm while most were in the speed window for typical CW contesting (28-32 WPM).  He also mentioned that if you know a little bit of CW, this is a really good way to increase the speed you copy in your head.

Now, if Bob can work 128 CW stations in CQP, along with his usual quota of SSB stations, that gives him 384 additional points, along with all of the additional mults.

Great job, Bob!!

 - W1RH