[Mldxcc] Assisted vs Unassisted (was Re: Preliminary headers SS)

Steve Dyer via Mldxcc mldxcc at contesting.com
Wed Nov 19 17:42:16 EST 2014

One of the best things I've learned the past year is to turn the RF gain way down. There's a great article somewhere on the web I can't find that talks about the why's and how's of proper RF gain adjustment. One of the authors premises is to turn it down, then turn it down some more. I did not believe it until this contest season. I almost never use the pre-amp anymore.It's about S/N.
73,Steve