[Mldxcc] CA QSO Party Summary

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:41:42 EDT 2014

Emily,  You did good!  congratulations. . I followed your ruminations about
antennas.   . . looks as if the effort paid off.  Maybe you will try the
ARRL Sweepstakes as well as an NCCC member?    If you're not a member,
consider joining. . there's time if you act Quickly, i.e. before the Oct 13
meeting.

CQP  is a good opportunity for fine tuning one's station for ARRL
sweepstakes and upcoming DX contests.  In my case, an overdue EZ-NEC
analysis of my 20 meter wire antenna revealed a deep null at a 30 deg beam
heading. . i.e. across the US.  Two days before CQP  I constructed a
haphazard 2-el Yagi that looks as if it was built and installed by Abbot
and Costello.  But it worked. . 445 20m QSO's this year compared to 271
last year apparently helping considerably toward a virtual tie for the top
SOLP-fixed score.

73 Bill n6zfo
[LAKE county for CQP]