[Mldxcc] DXCC Questions

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Oct 16 14:42:40 EDT 2014

LOTW success rates vary depending on the nature of your
QSOs.  Contest QSO's have a high rate of return.  QSO's
outside of a contest with contesters have a high rate of
return.  There are still some ultra rare DX that want
green stamps direct, no buro, no LOTW, and tend to be about
the only station in that entity.  DXpeditions in general
do delayed LOTW.  There is also club log OQRS which does
not require you to print cards, just send money.

I use VE7CC's AR User Packet manager which has an LOTW flag.
This means the station has been reported to be an LOTW user.
In general, I work these spots before and/or instead of
non-LOTW users.  If I do work a non-LOTW station, I count
on working a bunch of them in that entity and hoping some
day one of them will join LOTW.  Stuff trickles in from
6 or 8 years ago from time to time.

I have well over 300 confirmed and have needed to use cards
for maybe 10 really rare ones, the rest are via LOTW.

Rick N6RK