[Mldxcc] CQP 2015 (50th Anniversary) & CQP RTTY

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:20:08 EDT 2014

Next year -- 2015 -- is the 50th Anniversary of CQP.

Some of us are already thinking about how to make this a Memorable = Fun event by introducing new special Awards to celebrate CQP 50, using APRS for real-time tracking of mobile stations, and leveraging more remote station operations.

Introducing CQP 50 with CQP RTTY in May or June could be a great way to start the celebration.  However, getting all 58 counties on the air again for CQP RTTY will be a challenge -- in some ways more challenging than managing the pre- and post-contest admin stuff -- but overall, still worth considering.  Good thought, Jeff.

73,
John, K6MM