[Mldxcc] Moving multipliers in the NAQP RTTY

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 17:55:35 EDT 2015

I was asked offline how to do this and I thought there might be others that
also would like to know.

These instructions assume Writelog is your logger, and that you are using
one computer per radio.

The first step is to get your PCs talking to each other within Writelog.
You do this by registering and connecting each PC. You can look up in the
help file for the details. Once this is done each PC will have a letter
assigned to it - A, B, C, etc.

Bring up the Networked Frequencies window to verify you are connected. It
might take a few seconds.

My normal completion message while running is programmed as:

%r%oTU W7RN CQ %e

(%o resets the RIT, and always remember the space before the %e so that
your message doesn't get chopped!)

However, if I work say a VE4 and I really want him on another band (and
with VE4 I probably do) I have another message programmed:

%r%oPSE %zA.1 TU W7RN CQ %e

(I like "PSE", some ops will use "ALSO" or "QRV" or even "QSY")

The %z macro causes Writelog to fill in a frequency as follows:

"A" refers to the network letter assigned to the target PC for the radio we
want to read. Make sure it is upper case (matching the network setup) or it
will not work.

Or in other words, what I do on PC/radio B is have the macro programmed to
send the frequency from PC/radio A. On PC/radio A the message will look
like this, replaceing "A" with "B":

%r%oPSE %zB.1 TU W7RN CQ %e

The "." after the letter means "send the frequency rounded to the nearest
100Hz. Like this:

PSE 14086.3 TU W7RN CQ

You want him to find you quickly, after all.

The "1" refers to the entry window on the target PC. "1" is the first/top
(main VFO on the K3 for example), "2" is the next one down (K3 sub RX), and
so on.

If you are using one computer for 2 radios then I believe the message would
be:

%r%oPSE %z.1 TU W7RN CQ %e

In this case the "1" is left radio, "2" the right. (I've never tried this
but that is what the help file says.)

However you do this (I'm hoping someone N1NN literate chimes in with those
messages) make sure the QSY frequency is clear  and you are there calling
CQ before he gets there!

Hope this helps! jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com