[Mldxcc] Fw: Phone Fray - New SSB Contest - Start Date

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:12:17 EDT 2015

K6MR wrote:

​
I would be willing to try a different format if it would improve
participation on RTTY, although that would change it to another contest
with the loud stations sitting on one frequency for 30 minutes working
everyone else.

An NAQP-RTTY short weekly contest might work, but probably not under the NS
umbrella.  Interesting that NW2K appears to be organizing the Phone Fray
w/o club sponsorship.  For NS Ladder (and later NS), I am very grateful
both for the encouragement of NCCC and of the NS Advisory Group (N4AF,
W9RE, N3BB, K6UFO, W4NZ, K4BAI, W0BH).  The NSLadder/NS, the CWOps
contests, 7QP,  the amazing "Talk Like a Pirate" contest (W6RRR) and of
course the Locust QSO party were all invented with significant or sole
input from NCCC members. Maybe there are others I don't know about.

For NS CW we adopted the Sprint format (the W6OAT, NAS type sprint)  but
with band-mults.  We have over 100 devoted followers, with maybe 60-70
showing up for at least part of a particular 8-week NS Ladder. We lose a
few and gain a few each time; others take  breaks for classes, music gigs,
and even tennis games. The QRP component shows the most increase recently.

73 Bill n6zfo