[Mldxcc] VP8STI on 160 Get READY!

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Jan 21 00:28:05 EST 2016

Writing this at 9:18 PM local time.  This is at sunrise
in South Sandwich.  Absolutely nothing at all
on 1826.5, except the usual idiots.  The idiots
serve a useful purpose to indicate that you are
indeed listening on the DX frequency, as per the spots.
I can hear a bunch of stations calling on my 2nd
receiver, including K6XT.  He must have a better
RX antenna than my 40 foot loop. I will observe
from past experience that the fact that DX is loud
on the East Coast is meaningless on 160.

Just a half hour ago, I somehow blundered my way
into getting them on 30 meter RTTY.  Still trying
to figure out how to install 2 tone.

Rick
N6RK