[Mldxcc] vp8sGi starts tomorrow

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:22:19 EST 2016

*January 28 -* Antonio EA5RM – VP8STI/VP8SGI Chief Pilot – informs that
the VP8SGI team expects to arrive early tomorrow to Husvik Bay, South
Georgia. If everything goes well, they will be on the air tomorrow
afternoon, South Georgia time.

*David K3LP*, co-leader of the VP8STI/VP8SGI DXpedition, called
yesterday via satphone to Bill Hein, AA7XT. Bill tells me that “/David
sounded tired but in good spirits/“. David reported that they received
two to three feet of snow to go along with the 70 mph winds. VP8STI
final log will be uploaded from South Georgia. QSL manager N2OO, will
turn on OQRS once we get those last log files and we make sure that the
full log is complete. QSL updates will be posted on the VP8STI QRZ page.