[Mldxcc] CQ Marathon

K6LE - Rick k6le at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 20:10:27 EDT 2016

Shirl,

Great meeting.

Thanks for bringing up the club competition aspect of the CQ Marathon.  K6YK and myself have been playing with it for several years but quite frankly I also had not noticed the club standings category.

As you mentioned on Saturday, this could make it even more fun for us “regulars” which, BTW,now includes K6SCA.

I just did a survey of the estimated standings for 2016 and find the following:

If we take our score as of now (half way through the year) and estimate what our score could be it is very interesting.

The top 10 members as of today’s date have a score of 1409 entities.

Since the Club Log summary doesn’t list zones I estimated that the “top ten” would have an average of 36 zones or 360 points.

Adding the two to get the current MLDXCC marathon score equals 1769.

Taking that as the total for the year of 2015 that would put us at number 7 exceeded only by:

Araucaria DX Group
10359
CDR Group
7494
Rio DX Group
7123
Carolina DX Association
4014
Northern Illinois DX Association
3486
Society of Midwest Contesters
2285

Impressive!

And that’s only counting half the year!

All that’s needed is for the top 10 MLDXCC’ers to submit their entries at the end of the year and I wouldn’t be surprised if we wound number one in the US!

Interesting, eh?

For anyone that is uncomfortable trying to figure out how to submit I will volunteer to process their ADIF 2016 logs for submission.

Thoughts?

Rick
K6LE