[Mldxcc] March and April Meetings

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:16:57 EST 2016

March Meeting - This Saturday - See Ian's email for RSVP info.
N6DE Talks SS - Well, Dean has read my previous emails and has agreed to present his 2016 Sweepstakes plan at the March meeting.  I must admit that this plan is like no other I've seen since I'm been with NCCC.  Dean say it will take about 30 minutes.  You'll be very surprised at Dean's unique formula for a win.  It's brilliant!  You really don't want to miss this.
With that said, our Board has felt that a successful SS effort needs to start in the early months of the year.  We've felt that no matter who the next Board consists of, any successful effort just cannot wait until a new Board gets it's feet wet (July?  Mine are still wet!), which is why you're hearing about SS at this point in the year.  We feel that a huge buy-in from the members is required if we are going to do SS.  You'll hear more about this at the March meeting.  If you're on the fence about a NCCC SS go for the gavel win, you should attend the March meeting.
N6WM Talks Remote Radio Contesting Using the Flex 6000 Series Radios.  From Chris:
*How we got to where we are now
1. Early remote, tools we used.. how we were able to get started
2. continued evolution, the Remote rig system
3. emergence of remote services and viability of remote operations and contesting
4. First multi op contests done completely remote
*Checkpoint.. enter the flex
1. The convergence of traditional radio and computer server technology
2. the emergence of the flex 6000 and client server radio operation
3. LAN remote  Applications to enable flex operation(VSP's/Dax-Virtual audio "cables"/third party apps :DDUTIL, K6Tu control. Legacy device support)
4. Practical clients that interface with the flex 6000 (smart SDR, Maestro, K6TU remote, etc)
5. Challenges of remote operation
6. Using the tools intended for LAN remote over the WAN(Internet)
7. Typical remote setup/tools
8. Bandwidth allowing.. a demo of flex SO2R using N1MM and K6TU control by connecting to N6WM fremont lab from meeting site..(may be bandwidth limited so possible SO1V or simpler demo)

Discussion and Q & A
All travel and road warriors in the club immediately run out and purchase flex radios. :-). (kidding)

April
There will be an April meeting.  Details yet to come, but it will probably be held at the Tide House, in Mountain View.  This will be a very important meeting featuring:
1 - Awards2 - Elections
I'll note that the awards banquet has been pushed back from March to April this year for various reasons, not the least of which is related to the huge CQP50th project this year and the distribution of coins, tee-shirts, etc.  We promise a great awards banquet and, since this is one of the most highly attended meetings of the year, what better time to also elect the new board.
Regarding the election, send your nominations to John, K6MM.
BobW1RH