[Mldxcc] VK0EK Update 30 Mar 16

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:25:09 EDT 2016

"2016-03-30 09:31:32Z: Winds today have abated from last night, when 60
kt winds were recorded aboard the Braveheart. This afternoon our team
put up a 40 m delta loop and a 17 m vertical dipole array. These
antennas are still undergoing evaluation and tuning, but we hope they
will be on the air soon.

We have been having fun and keeping 5 stations on the air for the upper
bands through the daytime hours. Our 40 m delta loop should allow us to
have more stations on at night, helping to fulfill demand for SSB and RTTY.

At 0100z Thursday 3/31 (Wednesday night US), our own Dr. Bill Mitchell,
AE0EE, will take over the @VK0EK twitter account for an hour to answer
your questions about the birds, rocks, climate, and history of Heard
Island, as well as comment on daily life here in the field. He will be
using the hashtag #HeardQuestions."