[Mldxcc] Looking for AL mast

Stefan Stefanov af6sa.radio at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:36:55 EDT 2016

Hi,

Planning to upgrade my VHF/UHF antennae for Satellite / EME:

  2M    144-LFA-18-XPOL; Wind load 1.6sqft; Boom length 4.5M (15ft)
  70SM   rebuild Cushcraft Cross yagi; Wind load ~1sqft; Boom length 15ft.
  Yaesu G5500 AZ/EL rotor.

Mast needs to extend 7ft above the top anchor point.
Currently planed to use 3x 4ft military Al mast sections (OD:1.79in, Wall
0.11in).
Made some calculations - with 4sqft wind load it should be good up to 70MPH.
Calculations are made for 6061-T6 one section aluminum tubing.
Unknown to me is the exact specs of those mast sections and there will be
one section coupling above the top anchor - possible weak point?

Looking to upgrade the mast to 1.5in Schedule 40 AL tube (1.9 OD x 0.15
wall) 12ft. long or similar with 2in OD max.
AL is preferred, because as a single piece it need to be "inserted" from
the top of my roof.
Ideas / suggestions where i can find 12ft Al mast nearby are welcome.

--
73's de Stefan / AF6SA
http://www.af6sa.com