[Mldxcc] MLDXCC Oct 22nd Guest Speaker/Agenda

Dennis Moore dennis at mail4life.net
Sat Oct 8 13:06:16 EDT 2016

Our monthly meeting for the Mother Lode DX/Contest Club will be October
22nd at 11:30 AM at Country Cafe in Lockeford. Next week I will send
another email containing menu details directions, and RSVP instructions.

Our guest speaker for this month is Harold Wilkinson, W0HJW. He's coming
up from Hanford to do a presentation on remote operating. This will
probably be different from other remote operating presentations you may
have seen. Harold is net control for the Golden Bear Net on 80M, and has
stations in both Hanford and Sparks NV. During net he seamlessly
switches between his stations so he can get better coverage and you
really can't tell the difference in stations except for signal strength.
I've also heard him do net control from his iPad in a Starbucks in
Hawaii. If you want ideas on how to set up your station, don't miss this
one.

This is also going to be an important meeting for several other reasons.
The future of CQP
November sweepstakes
Board officer nominations

See all of you there!