[Mldxcc] ARRL DX Contest - CW This Weekend

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 16:26:05 EST 2017

Hi there, DX'ers and Contesters,
We're a contest club and a DX club, so it stands to reason that we participate in the ARRL DX Contest.
We can't win this one without a few serious dxpeditions, but we can try to up our ranking from last year.  In the past three years, the Louisiana Contest Club has beat us every year.  We came the closest to beating them last year.  Perhaps that's the goal we should set for ourselves in 2017.  Note that Louisiana's log count has gone down each year.
So, we set a goal to beat Louisiana and then toast our Shirl, who I know will be rooting for us from above.....right?
The club competition is based on the total score for both the CW weekend and the Phone weekend.  CW is THIS weekend.  Phone is the weekend of March 4/5.
Here's where we stood over the past 4 years:
2016, Medium Club, 16th Place, 7.4M Points, 26 logs (Louisiana had 6 logs)2015, Medium Club, 30th Place, 4.6M Points, 23 logs (Louisiana had 7 logs)
2014, Medium Club, 25th place, 4.9M Points, 23 logs (Louisiana had 9 logs)
2013, Medium Club, 23rd Place, 5.5M Points, 25 logs (Louisiana had 11 logs)
BobW1RH
ps: I had to tear down my entire station yesterday in order to get to fix the water heater and keep my wife happy on Valentines day.  For some reason, she doesn't like cold showers.  It's probably going to take me most of Saturday to get it all back together but I'll do my best to make some points for the club.