[Mldxcc] 6 meter QSO

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Mon Jul 24 20:54:25 EDT 2017

Rick, I like that analogy   :-)

I certainly don't want to detract from Norm's achievement (or Taylor's) but
my question is: Will DXCC and other awards now splinter and have 100 mode
variations? Matrixed with power variations? How far should this go? I could
come up with some new ones. There are millions of possibilities. I note
that the one I've used in designing commercial microwave radios ..
quadrature partial response .. hasn't hit the ham bands ... yet.

In contesting, I'm usually on the side of minimizing the number of
categories. I see this in a similar way. How about having separate logging
category for high speed CW vs medium speed, vs low speed?  Or DXCC all on
USB and a separate category for LSB and another for AM? How about DSB?

OK, I realize that's getting pretty far off the deep end, but I hope you
see my point. Mode accuracy in LoTW isn't DXCC, That's also just an
analogy. As a contest administrator (past and now again present), I see the
amount of work involved in keeping track of all that stuff. Work is a four
letter word.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU