[Mldxcc] 6 meter QSO

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 21:36:01 EDT 2017

AD6E/KH6TU wrote:
​

Will DXCC and other awards now splinter and have 100 mode variations?
Matrixed with power variations? How far should this go?

And time variations. .  WAC in under 30 seconds?  K6UM told me last week
that he made 6m WAC in one day!!  I think he has a special certificate
noting that accomplishment.  I guess partly EME?

As you note, the possibilities are nearly infinite.

For me, I got WAC and WAS as a novice and quit there.  Likewise DXCC and
WAZ soon thereafter. . no endorsements or expansions.  For me, most of
these special awards concoctions are variations of what I did in Jr and Sr
high school with enthusiasm and determination. But that was then.   However
I have respect for those who achieve these special accomplishments.  I'm
just too busy with wine, astronomy and H-D projects around the farm.

Maybe an EME DXCC interests me, going back to the original point of this
thread, N6JV's very notable  recent accomplishment.

And I just answered a JA card request for the "all suffixes"  (JCA) award.
. i.e. every combination of A-Z, AA-ZZ, AAA-ZZZ in.  No award has been
given.   There are 18,278 combinations.  I am happy to supply ZFO.  Is it
the Mt. Everest of ham awards?  The highest worked and confirmed, as of
2016 is apparently 15,397.  The station asking for the card had 10,057 last
year.

73 Bill n6zfo