[Mldxcc] Military antenna mast kits

Dave Sanders eprd2016 at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 5 15:44:09 EDT 2017

Today, I came across three military antenna mast kits while at Metal Mart
(11371 Pyrites Way, Rancho Cordova, CA).

(see photo attached)

I did not examine them very well but each had 9 aluminum sections (6 foot) and
two of the kits had canvas wrapped hardware which I believe could have been
stakes. I would guess the diameters of the sections are 1.5”

The kits had a base and cap that hold the mast sections in place using a steel
wire to cinch the top and bottom tight for transport. Overall kind of heavy but
compact.

The kits were kind of hidden on the far wall behind a rack of metal.

The employee at Metal Mart said he didn’t know what they were worth but said
he’d sell them for $60.00 each.

If you are interested, I’m sure he might take less. How much less, I don’t know.

Dave K6KNS
Folsom