[Mldxcc] QSL Cards

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:56:07 EDT 2017

Good job!  I haven't heard them well here but I'm listening in that time
period.  It's the same window that brings sunset in western AF, so I'm
switching bands (160 requires a tuner change, I have a dipole and a R7
40-10 vertical, KPA500).  I haven't entirely given up, but I'll not
spend significant effort either.

They're clearly being elitist snobs and I have no time for that. Which
means I'll have to wait for a real team.  If they can't 'bother' with NA
(or SA, OC and AF for that matter) it shows near contempt.

I had a pretty good inkling it wasn't a serious attempt when they showed
no pilots and then they chose to use all IC-7300 (donated by Icom).  In
a contest environment (same as DX site), the front ends will crumple,
becoming useless when exposed to a high energy RF field (ask me how I
know!).  Using bandpass filters (the plan) likely won't be adequate, the
front ends aren't that great.  There is no way they will be able to
manage 5 continuous stations, using 7300's within several hundred feet
of each other, at full power. That's 'less than brilliant'.

I'm glad they're heroes at home; the rest of the world has a much less
flattering opinion.  I'll continue to 'dine' on AF in the meantime; it's
just as tasty here.

Rick