[Mldxcc] Sent a Letter to ARRL

Rick Bates (WA6NHC) wa6nhc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:00:56 EST 2017

Reading through this leaves a lasting stench of equine fecal matter on things ARRL.

Since when is it proper to stifle and silence dissenting opinions?  Hams are diverse, so are their opinions.  All should be presented for transparency and clarity of any situation.  At this, the ARRL sucks, not even covering any discussion let alone dissenting opinions (even if no one cares to follow the drivel).  Since meetings are closed or online, members are excluded and held in ignorance.  Fog and obfuscation are their tools.  Now one wonders how much is filtered (excluded) from minutes or written reports.

Just because a voice is contrary doesn’t mean it needs to be stifled.  Listening doesn’t require agreement.

This is yet another reason (of too many) to be saddened that the ARRL is the only group voice available to represent our interests.  I’m a member only for that (a failing hope), DXCC awards and the DX bureau and nothing else.  The ARRL continues to disappoint in all other arenas primarily because of a stiff necked (dare say East Coast) attitude; heaven forbid a contrary opinion was offered.

I don’t goose-step, ever.  As a member I will maintain my own opinions and voice even if it isn’t the party line.  If they’re upset, I’m a already over it.

Remove section 8 of the policy and rescind the charge and resolution on any dissenters.  It demands accepting fiat.  Otherwise that’s ruling by fear.   Let the winds of dissent clear away the fog.  A united front is nice but statistically improbable in a group this large and diverse.

Equine fecal alert, at the least.

Rick WA6NHC

Smell Czech correction happen