[Mldxcc] CQP 2017 Final Results Now Available

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:39:52 EST 2018

On behalf of the entire CQP Team, it gives me great pleasure to announce the results from the 2017 California QSO Party, now posted on the CQP website.

http://www.cqp.org/Results.html <http://www.cqp.org/Results.html>

Once again, all 58 CA counties were on the air for CQP 2017.  We received 918 logs before the log submission deadline on October 23, 2017.  Over the last 12 weeks, the team has worked diligently to streamline the log-checking process without sacrificing quality or accuracy of results.

Summary reports include:
48 Plaque & 40 Wine Winners — Congratulations to all !
Separate reports for California, USA, Canada, DX
Club Competition results for 3 new categories:  Small, Medium, Large
Top-10 reports
All-Time Records (54 new ones)
Soapbox comments (>300)
There were several highlights for 2017:
a. In 2016, 88 clubs participated in the CQP club competition.  For 2017, that number rose to 125 — a 42% increase!
b. Several excellent expeditions to rarer counties took place.  Those expeditions are CQP’s secret sauce.
c. One mobile contester managed to hand out QSOs in 24 different counties during his journey through California.

Thank you for participating.  We hope you had fun!  If you couldn’t make it, not to worry.  In just 269 days the 53rd Running of the CQP will take place.  Hope to see you on the air this October/

73,
John Miller, K6MM
CQP Chairman