[Mldxcc] CQP 2017 Final Results Now Available

Steve Dyer w1srd at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 15:08:13 EST 2018

Awesome. Now we have some competition! Congrats to SCCC and look out next year.73,SteveW1SRD

    On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 5:31:55 PM PST, Dennis Moore <dennis at mail4life.net> wrote:

It certainly was a close race, and a primary goal of the organizers was realized by a 42% increase in club competition.

While disappointed that the Southern California Contest Club edged us out (3,854,745 vs. 3,775,482), I am glad to see that we had 50 logs submitted for the club and that eight new county records were set by MLDXCC club members.

Some of our club participants had never competed in this contest before so can take their lessons learned into the 2018 contest. We also had a number of members head into the field to activate rare counties, and even though it may have sacrificed some points it certainly helps the overall effort to make CQP the largest state QSO party in the country. My hat's off to those set up on mountaintops and parking lots to get those counties on the air.

I'm already looking forward to this year's contest!

Dennis, NJ6G