[Mldxcc] La Crosse 5-in-1 Professional Wireless Weather Station Review

Dave Sanders eprd2016 at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 20 13:19:32 EST 2018

Sounds like it’s working for you and at about the 1/4 of the price for a Davis
Vantage Vue for example. I have the Vantage Vue with 2 wireless consoles and a
data logger connected to the Internet to share my station data with
Wundergroud.com (KCAFOLO16). I have a Smartphone app too...to see my station
data.

My setup is probably overkill at my QTH. Being in a typical residential
neighborhood at 283 feet elevation with common Sacramento Valley weather there
isn’t much to monitor, except how hot it is outside or how much rain we got.

It’s important where you mount your receiver (station) so that it’s able to
collect data without any wind obstructions, etc.  Many weather station owners
may not have the ideal spot for their receiver so it’s a compromise; the
accuracy of the data.

My Davis Vantage Vue is 7 years old and has failed twice. Under warranty, Davis
replaced the ISS PCBA with a newer version and updated internal modules. The
second time, they exchanged my unit with a refurbished unit; the newer 6357
model. I was charged, I think $112.00.  So far, so good.

I am somewhat surprised by these failures because my receiver hasn’t been
subjected to extreme harsh weather and has never been damaged by birds or other
means.

Dave Sanders K6KNS
Folsom, CA