[Mldxcc] Club Log Follow-up

Dennis Moore dennis at mail4life.net
Tue Mar 13 21:35:53 EDT 2018

Someone who couldn't attend the meeting asked me a bit about Club Log,
and I decided to share my response with others in case they were curious
about what Club Log is for, or how it can be used. Here it is.

Club Log is useful not only for seeing where your club sits in relation
to other clubs, and where you stand within the club, but is also most
useful as a tool to track confirmed contacts in your own log. Club
standing is based on the average number of confirmed DXCC entities among
the members who have uploaded their logs. The top clubs have an average
of 300+ confirmed entities per person. We're currently ranked 57th place
which isn't something we're really going to improve on, so I focused
mainly on the QSL tracking.

LoTW tracks how many DXCC entities you have but doesn't really give you
any information on those you've worked but haven't received confirmation
from. Club Log shows how many countries you've worked (all time, or just
this year, or last year), and how many of those are confirmed. It also
provides information on whether those that are not confirmed use LoTW or
Club Log which may provide information on how to confirm QSOs. The thing
I really like is that it has a sync function with LoTW, so in your Club
Log account you can provide your LoTW login information and it will
transfer all of your LoTW confirmations over. So the steps would be to
upload your adif log file from your logging program to Club Log, give it
some time to apply those to your account, then use the LoTW Sync
function to transfer over the confirmations. The DXCC Charts tab is your
own place in Club Log to see all those worked and those confirmed. There
are a bunch of filters available for looking at just CW, Phone, Data,
and the period you are interested in. My logging program (N3FJP) lets me
check a box if I received an actual QSL card, and when I upload that
contact again to Club Log it shows it as confirmed. Note Some logging
programs have the LoTW to Club Log sync function built in. Mine doesn't.

So far this year I've worked 135 countries and have 95 of them
confirmed. You just can't get that information from LoTW in a simple
fashion, but Club Log makes it one of its main features.

I'd suggest creating an account, uploading a log file and seeing what it
can do for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

73, Dennis NJ6G