[Mldxcc] Club Log Follow-up

Rick WA6NHC wa6nhc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:02:28 EDT 2018

I agree.

Short version.  Your log is data.  Clublog is a set of tools that
enables you to manipulate that data in ways that tells you (a) how
you're 'performing', (b) how your club is performing and (c) what is
left for you to improve your personal or club standing.  The Leader
board also lets you compare how you're doing compared to other members
of your club; providing a little competition for fun or bragging rights.

I like some of the charts that show, for example what band modes I have
or need (57 ATNO to go, a few more than that to confirm yet).

I also like that most DXpeditions upload there BEFORE they upload to
LOTW and often in real time so you can relax (I made it!) or double down
your efforts.  That simple function takes some of the pileup load off
because folks know 'they got it'.  [Because Clublog doesn't issue awards
so the teams can also better leverage hams into donating for a faster
LOTW upload, which many have mixed feelings about.  Some pay, some wait.]

LOTW is a one way street, you only put data in it then ask if it
matches; that's IT.  If you put bad data into it, it's there forever and
there is no way to find out. LOTW files grows HUGE because there is no
edit or download function (in computer terms, that's just stupid
wasteful of storage and the CPU effort to sift through it).  Clublog
allows you delete or edit bad log entries, so you don't have a bunch of
cruft in the database.  It also operates MUCH faster than LOTW (minutes,
not hours) and fixes or updates are done in real time (actually moving
to another server while changes are being done so it all stays online,
the user is ignorant of these changes).  In the simplest terms, Clublog
provides an online backup of your log (but back it up NOT on your
primary computer, doh!).

Clublog is a wonderful tracking mechanism and now includes WAS tracking
as well as DX.

Rick nhc