[Mldxcc] Great Starter Amp! Ameritron AL-811H For $450

w1srd at yahoo.com w1srd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 21:32:55 EDT 2018

They say the first 500W QRO are the most important!

This is a great entry level amp that runs on 110V.

AL-811H Purchased new in 2002 (pre-MFJ). I am the original owner. In good
condition. Has been a backup amp for most of it's life.

Includes two spare NOS 811A tubes (untested).

The amp has been upgraded with a closed relay TR. See:
<http://www.ad5x.com/images/Presentations/QSKals500als600RevA.pdf>
http://www.ad5x.com/images/Presentations/QSKals500als600RevA.pdf

This is a very nice upgrade and much quieter than the open frame relay that
is standard, but do not expect QSK.

Amp puts out up to 600 watts all bands.

Lots of great info about this amp is available. W8JI is the original
designer and has good info on his site. https://www.w8ji.com/Amplifiers.htm

Here is recently measured output with 50W drive into matched antenna using
an LPA-100A wattmeter:

80M   500W

40M   500W

20M   550W

17m   500W

15M   450W

10M   420W

Priced at 50% of new.

$450.

I think I have the original box as well.

Pickup or meet in Placerville/Bay Area or I can bring to Visalia.

73,

Steve

W1SRD