NA Bug Fix Status
Tue, 2 Jul 96 12:30:19 EDT
Thanks to everyone who contributed NA 10 bug reports. Fortunately, there
were only a few. This message is to inform the user community what has been
fixed, and the availability of the new version.
- In a multi-computer network using packet, the Packet Window would only open
on the LOCAL computer - fixed (tnx to WA0DYJ and the W4IY VHF crew).
- In the Equipment Configuration window of CONFIG, when the Paddle Port was
selected then the box closed, the Paddle Port chosen was not shown correct-
ly, although the choice from the box was correctly selected. CONFIG 1.02
fixes this (tnx N4XM).
- NAQSL would not print. This was a compiler problem, now fixed in NAQSL
3.11 (tnx W4TYU, K5WA).
- The Date Format selected in the LABELS window did not apply to certain
functions. Example: if you selected YYYY/MM/DD, then went to edit the
date/time of the QSO, the format would be the DOS default (MM/DD/YYYY).
The selected Date Format now applies across all date-related operations.
Reported, but no trouble found:
- Network LOOP mode was reported broken, however LOOP mode was tested OK
in two separate tests. User later reported LOOP worked OK by starting
with a new .QDF file.
- Beam heading reported inaccurate compared to NA 9. This was check back
to 9.00, results were exactly the same. Hint: your latitude/longitude
(which was saved in the .QDF file for NA9) must be set using CONFIG for
NA10. Maybe for next version we'll flag an error message if your lat/
long is not set in CONFIG, it will only affect people operating at the
North Pole (lat=0/long=0).
- Some users have reported that a "K" shows up in the QTH field mysteriously
in certain contests when the call is entered and you spacebar to the
QTH field. This has been reported in ARRL 160 and Field Day. None of the
computers at K8CC will do this, however I did see this on the NA demo
computer at Dayton '96. Does not seem to interfere with successful
operation, but we're trying to track this down and any reports would be
appreciated. Please include: NA version, is XMS in use, and contest type.
- I have a third hand report that OpOn/OpOff does not work correctly, also
sometimes that with multiple operators (using OpOn/OpOff) the DVP messages
get mixed together. I can't confirm this at the moment because my DVP is
not installed in a computer. Users please be aware of this if you're gonna
use a DVP in IARU. I will look into this after IARU/WRTC.
The bug fixes mentioned above will be corrected in NA 10.04 which should
be available on the NA BBS by Thursday, 7/4/96. In an effort to get all
the NA 10 users up to date, new disks will be mailed by Saturday, 7/6/96.
Hope to work lots of NA users in the IARU/WRTC. I will be masquerading
behind one of the WRTC 1x1 calls. Good luck to all.
Administrative requests: na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org