[na-user] Dx logging in the NAQSOP

Bob Patten Bob Patten <n4bp@shadow.net>
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:55:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, James E Brown wrote:

> I used NA for the first time in the January  NA QSO Party, so am learning.
>
> I finally got some on-air advice from another NA user, who told me to
> enter "DX" in the QTH block.  When I did this, the QSO was logged.
>
> Is this the way it is supposed to work?  Why are the Country files loaded
> for this contest if they are not used?

Guess I'm learning too as I ran into the same dilema in the CW NAQP.  I
only had a couple of DX call me and I ended up not logging them.  As far
as the Country file goes, this appears to be just for North American DX
(Caribbean, etc.).  I did work a couple of NA DX and they entered OK.
Don't recall seeing anything in the manual or notes about entering "DX"
for non-NA DX, but makes sense and I'll remember that...

73,

Bob Patten, N4BP
Plantation, FL
n4bp@shadow.net