[na-user] NA Reflector and Win95

Dale Martin Dale Martin <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:41:37 -0600

Recently, I upgraded my old 286 (the 40mb hard drive seemed to be
getting more frequent "sector not found" messages) to a Pentium.
Initially, it had win3.1 on it, but I upgraded that to Win95.  I should
have checked things out a bit better.  When I got on for the WPX SSB
contest last night, I found that my radio control no longer worked.

I turned on the computer and, in Win95, rebooted through it's shutdown
menu to MS-DOS, where I called up NA in the NA subdirectory.

NA ran perfectly...I had no problems with it.

But, when I set the configuration for my Omni VI (IC-735), the band
change (alt-f1/f2) would not work.  If I rebooted NA and reset the
transceiver configuration to none, the band change worked normally,
but there was no radio control.  I did not check to see if I had CW
keying, but when I booted the computer, it did key the transceiver
momentarily.

Anyone have similar experience?  Is this endemic with Win95 present on
the computer?  I haven't seen/heard of anyone having this problem, so I am
assuming that it might simply be my computer and some configuration in
it that is causeing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

73,