[na-user] country.dat

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:49:31 -0400

At 08:24 AM 10/16/98 -0500, Bob Perring wrote:
>This is what I understand:
>The file cty.dat is used by CT and TR.
>The file country.dat is used by NA.
>They should have the same information, I suppose, as a function of the
>time as to when they were made, but I think they are in different
>formats as to content.
>
>I am thinking that the country.dat file is later generated for NA from
>information contained in the most recently developed cty.dat file.
>I guess I will go into each of them with a text editor over the weekend
>and see what I can learn.

They all contain the same information, only formatted differently for each
format.  They're all generated from the same master file, which is in its
own format.  I run a program that spits out the *.CTY, CTY.DAT and
COUNTRY.CTY files all at once.  Then they are packaged up into the
appropriate .ZIP files and uploaded to the Internet.  I don't have privs.
to edit the datom web site, so I sent the file to Dave K8CC so he could
upload it.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/