[na-user] My personal wishlist (only 1 wish currently)

Tom Ogburn Tom Ogburn <togburn@wwbt.com>
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:18:49 -0500

Dave,

This is such a fine program with such great support that it's hard to fine
something more to ask for, but I'm bringing this up on the reflector to see
if others might find it beneficial.

A while back I emailed you (it's been a long while) and asked if for us
(for now) single radio users  it would be possible to add a VFO A/B toggle
to the keyboard. My reasoning was that you can set the alternate vfo with
the keyboard, but to go to that frequency you must go to the radio.
Ergonomically it would make sense to eliminate that additional movement
(see, I'm the ultimate couch potato - I even wish Sears would install
fridges and porta potties in their sofas - whatta timesaver!)

Going one step further, it would be nice to be able to send a packet spot
to the alternate vfo. I realize that you can accomplish jumping to the spot
and back to the run freq. with the current software, but the multipliers
don't always co-operate and answer your first call (at least from my puny
station they don't). It would be nice to call CQ and if there was no answer
quickly toggle to the alt vfo via keyboard and try the multiplier again
(and back and forth). This would add a lot of flexibility.

Anyway, thought I'd bring it up again....

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Ogburn - Technician at WWBT Television, Richmond, VA
Amateur Radio Callsign N4ZJ (ex WB4BVY, AD4KE)