[na-user] Speedy 486

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:54:21 -0500

At 10:24 AM 12/10/1999 -0500, Tom Ogburn wrote:

>Dave, you must be right. I looked back thru all of my old notes and
>couldn't find a thing. However, I did come across a reference to someone
>who was experimenting using a RAMDRIVE to store his CT log files on a 386SX
>to speed up dupe checking!!!! Sounds very dangerous to me. Must have been
>so wierd that it somehow stuck down in my brain cell cobwebs.

CT keeps the entire log in RAM memory.  Except for writing out each new QSO
to the disk, and checking the super check partial database, there is no
need for CT to otherwise access the disk.  Putting the log in a RAMDRIVE
would serve no useful purpose.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>