[na-user] NA 2000 letter to Santa

Ken Adams Ken Adams <k5ka@ionet.net>
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:21:41 -0600

I have been using NA for most of the 1999 fall contesting season ... Sprint
CW, SS phone and CW, CQWW, ARRL 10, SP.  During this time I have been
keeping a log of things I like and things I "would" like.   Since the
Christmas season is upon us I thought this would be a good time to share my
log with the NA Santa
and his Elves.

Like:
1.  The keymap feature allows me to redefine Alt D, insert, +, etc.
such that I can minimize hand movement and avoid a "2 finger"
move.  I have some arthritus in my left thumb and Alt D gets
painful after about 50 of them.   I use the "`" key to do Alt D.

2.  I never really used partial check much before but I have
seen the light.

3.  The overall screen is pleasing to my eyes after 24-40 hours.
This is very subjective but I like it.

4.  F10 ... great info for mult checking with 1 key.

"Would" Like:
1.  Half space key on CW.
2.  Eliminate requirement to enter Calldatabase command if I've
already indicated autocheck.   Ask me then.
3.  A keystroke sequence to replace the tune command.   If this
combo is pressed (cntl+shift?) go keydown until it is "unpressed".
4.  Eliminate the Alt R command and use 2 lines to display info
currently displayed.   They are both valuable all the time.
5.  I struggled abit with this but have concluded that a
database for names, states, etc is not anymore unethical
than a database for zones and countries.   We still need to
copy the correct info.
6.  Somehow give Dave the credit he deserves for all his efforts.
We all know he's not getting rich from this.

73, Ken
K5KA in Oklahoma