[na-user] re: CW PTT and FT1000MP

T Mitchell (Tim) T Mitchell (Tim)" <tmitche4@ford.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:46:09 -0500

Since I don't own an MP I have no way to find answers but I have some questions
for those who do...

Since this seems to only be an MP problem... is it documented anywhere what the
radio wants to see as far as delay from PTT to CW assertion ?  If this time is
known, we may be able to concock something in hardware that works (think of it
as designing in a propogation delay).  This assumes it is a small known finite
amount and will not disturb the CW signal too much.

Is there something in the documented or non-documented menu system of the MP
that relates to this ?  As I recall there are many parameters than can be
controlled from the menus.

Seems odd that the radio would care but apparently it does, works fine on my
1000D and IC756.

Does the same thing happen if you do not use the LPT port ?  Have you tried
using the COMx port for this ?  Perhaps something to try ?  Realize it sounds
desperate but trying to suggest things you can do that do not require a code
change.

73 Tim  K9TM