[na-user] ARRL 10m Contest

k8cc k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net>
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:27:31 -0500

At 08:03 PM 12/10/00 -0500, Joe L Blackwell wrote:

>NA Cabrillo output...  What's missing is Call Sign of Operators.

Its not missing at all - read the manual.  The text command OPERATORS pops
open a window allowing the operator's callsigns to be entered.  This info
is stored in the .QDF file.

>What's really good to see is time-on, time-off clearly stated in the log.
>What's
>interesting about this is, I worked the first hour from the get-go but
>left NA running on the computer for two hours, but NA just charged me with
>the one hour.  Good going, Dave.

If the contest has off time periods, then those are used to set off
times.  If a contest has no off times in its rules (CQWW for example) then
no off times are calculated.  However, if the operator wants to set his own
off times, he can use the OFFTHRESH text command to set the off time to
whatever is desired.  Again, documented in the manual.

>First time worked mults.  In the Cabrillo format.  No * or prefix noted
>for 1st mults.  Here's hoping the contest director figures it out. Lots of
>scoring options missing that you would normally see, like dupes.  K7QQ was
>dupe twice, he is in the log three times with no indication of a
>dup.  Here's hoping the contest director figures it out.

This has been covered on CQ-Contest, but I'll make the point again.  A
CABRILLO FILE IS NOT A SCORED LOG, IT IS SIMPLY RAW QSO DATA.  Dupe, mult
or off time information provided by the entrant is irrelevent.  The log is
completely rescored so none of this information is needed.  Yes, the
contest director is has the responsibility to sort this all out.

>Soap Box comments...  Guess you'll have to get into the DOS EDIT program
>to fill in your comments on those Cabrillo lines.  Shouldn't hurt the
>format at all.

Nope, not needed.  The text command SOAPBOX pops open a window to allow
comments to be added.  These are stored as part of the .QDF file, so the
info sticks with it.  Again, documented in the manual.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com