[na-user] Generating Cabrillo Files

k8cc k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net>
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:49:26 -0500

The subject has come up several times since SS CW about how to generate
Cabrillo files from NA.  Since not everyone has the recent manual, let me
explain it for everyone.

When you exit the program, press "W" to "<W>rite Log Files to
Disk".  Assuming your log file was called FileName.QDF, you will find in
your NA output path a file called FileName.LOG.  This is the Cabrillo file,
but you should rename it to YourCall.LOG prior to sending it to the ARRL.

To clarify, if my SS log from K8CC is called 00SSCW.QDF, the Cabrillo file
will be called 00SSCW.LOG, and I will rename it to K8CC.LOG prior to
sending it to the ARRL.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com