[na-user] NA with Internet connection?

Hank Kohl K8DD Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:17:12 -0500

NA won't connect directly to the internet via a modem, but Using
another computer, an old 486 with a bare bones 95 install, put either
WinTelNetX (free) or DXTelNet ($35) on it.  One COM goes to the
modem.  The other goes to the NA network.

While WinTelNetX is free, it double linefeeds spots, so you get a blank
line in between spots - hurts when you only have 5 or 6 lines to
display packet. It appears to put two null characters at the end of
every spot, causing a wrap.  There may be a way to fix this in
WinTelNetX, but we couldn't find it last weekend in CQ WW CW at Daves.

DXTelNet costs some money, but I've had it set up with two laptops -
one laptop going to the internet, and one laptop on a null modem cable
to the first and spots going both ways.  Also if your logging program
doesn't announce DX spots over your sound card, DXTelNet can do
that.  Don't know if WinTelNetX will.

I've been a user of both (in SS M/S and CQ WW M/M) and they both will
stay connected via telnet depending on the DX cluster's connectability!

That's my 2 kcs worth!

73    Hank    K8DD

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/