[NA-User] USB to serial adapters with NA?

k8cc k8cc@mediaone.net
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:35:08 -0400

K3MM, G3SQX, et al:

Tim, K9TM bought a USB box with four COM ports.  He had a heckuva time
making it work, and the manufacturer was of little or no help.  Eventually
he got it running in Win98 and it worked perfectly with NA in a DOS window,
controlling radios, TNCs, whatever.  The manufacturer was so impressed that
they wanted Tim to give them the info.  I don't know whether he did - if it
had been me, I would have demanded $$$ since they were so brain dead about it.

Tim is currently in a very busy period at work.  If he doesn't see this
e-mail, I'll prompt him to write about his experiences.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://www.datomonline.com