[NA-User] Two Questions

Jim George n3bb@mindspring.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:45:19 -0500

#1.  The CW as sent by the paddle input for NA seems to become quite choppy
and uneven after the QSO database builds up.  Is this a by-product of a
computer which is unable to handle the program and sent paddle CW
concurrently?  In my case, with my 486DX-66, the problem is so bad that I
do not use the paddle CW any longer, and use my KC Keyers instead in the
SO2R configuration.

#2.  I decided to set up the Texas QSO Party (TQP) on NA 10.52, and play
around a bit Sunday, but found that the program crashes after the screen
with the configuration setup for "2 radios, radio 1, radio 2, keyer, tnc,
etc." is completed and I try to return to the main screen.  The error
message reads "Error 07 occurred in module NA1052 at address 398A:0DC6.  I
downloaded NA 1053 and it did the same thing.  Is this a failure in the NA
TQP program, or am I doing something wrong?  All my other contest
configurations work normally (WPX, CQWW, ARRL, IARU, etc.)

Thanks,

Jim George N3BB/5