[NA-User] Names displaying with NA
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:38:18 -0000
I have made up a database of FOC calls and names using the following
- ASCII file called FOCNAMES.DTA
- Character limit of 12 bytes. The only callsign which would go over that
be W4/G4BUECHRIS, so I would use shorten the name to CHRI.
- One set of characters per line
- In alphabetical order, BUT number calls first ie 4X4, 5B4, 9A, then A45,
I have run NA, selecting Autocheck and Calldatabase, selecting FOCNAMES.DTA
It doesn't work.
- Should the number calls be at the end?
- Is an ASCII file ok. I note MASTER.DTA is a binary file
- I haven't put W4/G4BUE in yet, but where would it go? Before the first W4?
- Should I have a . at the end of each set of characters?
Any thoughts, Chris G3SJJ