[NA-User] PROBLEMS INSTALLING AND RUNNING NA
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:28:25 EDT
Please see my earlier thread on having trouble loading and running a brand
new copy of NA.
Here is where I am now:
1. I loaded the disc that came with the package into an IBM laptop with DOS
as the operating system.
2. The program loaded, but every time I get to the Log Information Sheet,
only one contest listed, you cannot scroll through them. If you try to
program using that contest (TEXAS QSO PARTY) after filling in all
fields, the program shuts down after hitting CONTROL AND ENTER to go on
the next screen, as the manual states.
3. At the top of the screen, the computer says DXCC.CTY is not found.
4. I downloaded a fresh disc from the DATOM Website.
5. After numerous tries on two different computers, the same thing happens
6. On Monday, I am picking up a DOS ONLY laptop (IBM 486) and plan to
NA and try to run it on that machine.
1. Do I need some additional files other than what came with the software
(I want to use this on Field Day, thinking it may be wishful thinking at
2. With both the Disc that came with the package and the one I downloaded,
I was using computers that contained Windows Operating Systems, but tried
to run NA in a DOS window.
Is it possible that this is the problem?
3. I am picking up the IBM 486 on Monday at 11 AM...is there a ham in the
Philly Metro willing to come to my home and walk me through installing
running NA on the new machine? There is dinner in it for you (food
I went ahead and ran the wiring trusses for the laptop installation in my
truck for FD.
Would really like to get this going.
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
text/plain (text body -- kept)