[NA-User] TO4T

k8cc k8cc@mediaone.net
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:31:19 -0500

At 09:35 PM 3/4/02 -0500, John Schaffner Jr. - K8LN wrote:
>1. How do I get NA to count TO4T as a new mult?, if it is a new one.
>Was  told it's FG.

Yeah, TO4T is FG.  To fix this, you have to edit the COUNTRY.DAT file, then
run the NA Utility Program (NAU.EXE) to crunch down the data into new
CQ.CTY and DXCC.CTY files.  Takes five minutes.

>2. Operating 40 meters with the Alert Mode set to "Your Band Only"  The
>spots that were above 7150 (might have been as high as 7200) mhz durning
>the ARRL DX SSB test would show up in the Announcements window, but
>everything  spoted on the cluster between 7000-7150 would not. Changing
>the Alert to  "All Bands" the spots showed up. The problem is that there
>are so many spots that the 40 meter ones scroll out of the window. Had to
>use the band map to see what was going on. This only happens on 40.
>Durning the contest some cw spots were shown on 10/15/20, but nothing on 40.

We saw this same problem at K8CC and had to use the same workaround.  The
problem comes because people don't want to see CW spots during an SSB
contest and vica versa, and how do you tell on 160 or 40 whether a spot is
CW or phone simply by the frequency data?  On all the other bands it can be
done. (OK, maybe 80 is a little funny.)  I thought we had this one fixed
but I guess not.  We'll have to take a look at this.

Dave/K8CC