[NA-User] Now Working...but... (Was 990/Computer Interface)

Bob Pack (NX5M) nx5m at txcyber.com
Sun May 18 18:55:05 EDT 2003

It always helps to select RADIO1 in the pop-up window after starting NA.
This was the ONLY reason my 990 rig control would not work (except for trying to run it from COM3 which you will read about below).  I guess I just dont contest enough anymore these days and I have started to miss a few things.
All is working fine now.  However, one of my radios needs a firmware upgrade.

Now for the "but"!
But, I am wanting to run this stuff on COM3 and after multiple attempts of changing irq's and such I have had no luck.  I have tried this on a pair of computers...nil.  Here again it may be something simple that I am overlooking.  I have read the archives on similiar issues but I dont seem to be finding the answers I need.

In my station (main operating position) I use COM1 as the Internet Packet port. NA thinks the internet computer is nothing more than a TNC.   COM2 is used for the link or loop.  It is ok to use COM1 for rig control when I am doing something where I am not going to use packet...but when we do a multi-op I need to use COM3 for either the LINK, TNC or RIG.

Input appreciated.

Bob