[NA-User] NA 10.63 Now Available At DATOM Online
k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 19:29:46 EST 2006
03 NOVEMBER 2006
NEW NA RELEASE 10.63 NOW AVAILABLE
A new version of the NA contest logging program is now available from
the Radio Bookstore or the DATOM Engineering web site at
For those who notice such things, version 10.62 was a limited release
primarily to debug the SO2R interface. When significant issues were
found with the SO2R stuff, it was held back in favor of 10.63.
Changes in Revision 10.62
* Fixed printing of Multi-Op logs by band which would miss non-CW QSOs.
* The SO2R "move keyboard focus" key (backslash) remained enabled when
SO2R was not in use - tnx KK8I, NX5M.
* Bottom line totals were not summed correctly in .BRK files - tnx NX5M
* NAU version 1.38 fixed a file path problem for merging .QDF files.
* NAU version 1.39 added a COM Port Identification utility and removed
conversions for CT .RES files.
* NAQSL version 4.00 deletes reading CT .RES files, adds a new multiple
file mode to search multiple .QDF files in the same directory, and a
function to write tagged QSL records to an ADIF (.ADI) file.
* Frequency offset capability for each radio has been added to support
VHF/UHF transverters. CONFIG.EXE 1.15 is needed to allow setting these
While the NA changes are the primary focus, the COM Port Identification
utility in NAU is pretty cool, as is the multiple file search mode in NAQSL.
Changes in Revision 10.63
* With SO2R in use, data remaining on the alternate QSO line would dis-
appear if a QSO was logged on the main QSO line first (tnx W8MJ, K6NA).
* On certain computers, NA will lock up if a warning beep occurs while the
internal keyer is sending - fixed (problem only seen by K8CC and NX5M).
* Added support for IC-703, FT-817 and FT-857 radios. RADIOS.LST file
updated to support new radios. (tnx to AK0M for info)
If you haven't encountered the warning beep lockup problem, you probably
won't. It appears to have have been present ever since NA got it's
in the mid-90s. The root case seems to be motherboard or BIOS
a file which will crash on one computer won't crash on another.
Support for the IC-703, FT-817 and FT-857 was requested by AK0M. A beta
version of 10.63 was sent for him to test, but nothing was heard from him
and SS CW is at hand. The control protocols for these radios are very close
to other radios currently supported by NA, and so were easy to add. We're
currently working on adding support for the FT-2000, FTDX-9000 and Orion.
The new features are described in the file UPDATE52.DOC.
Current versions of NA and accessory programs:
A couple of months ago, the DATOM Online web site had to QSY from it's
host at Akorn Access (SK W4AN's company) to a new home at KA9FOX's QTH.com.
Since the move, we've not yet gotten the secured download site running.
we do, the site will be open so nobody should have problems getting the
Dave Pruett, K8CC
Tom Pruett, WB8VMN
More information about the NA-User