[NA-User] CQP file issue

Rob Neece KK4R at cox.net
Sat Oct 7 17:10:56 EDT 2006

I have been inactive for a while and just decided to get on the CQP
and warm up my CW.  I copied the data at the end of the post by David
Pruett and made two files: CALCTY.MLT and CALCTY.ALI.  I'm outside
CA, so the CALCTY.MLT file is the one I think I need, and it contains
lines like the following:
Alameda:                ALAM: CTY:  6;

I corrected the ALPI problem, put the file in the proper place, and
then fired up NA1059.  Everything was OK until I made a QSO and tried
to log MARP.  NA indicated the county was not a valid QTH.  Alt-L
shows the expected list of 4-letter counties including MARP, so I am
at a loss.  Where did I go wrong?

Rob