[Nodxa] Ohio PRB-1 Bill

K8qoe at aol.com K8qoe at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 21:52:12 EDT 2008

Jim
     Many thinks for responding to this so quickly. I hope this message is
going to all the people to whom you sent your request. If not, please pass it
along.   I hope to further explain exactly who is needed at this point and why.
     First a bit of quick history. Our bill is known as Ohio House Bill 563.
It is, of course, putting into Ohio law what is already in the Federal law
where we call it PRB-1. Getting House Bill 563 introduced in the General assembly
took our State Government Liaison Nick Pittner, WB8TMF, and his task force
almost two years to accomplish.
     During that time I have been getting others to make up useful lists and
been working with persons close to General Assembly members to get sponsors
for House Bill 563. But we need to move this forward.
     At this point what is desperately needed is one ham who motivated to
getting HB 563 passed and on to Governor Strickland's desk. A ham who works well
with people, has the time (preferably retired), and can oversee the day to day
operation is getting the word out to Ohio hams on what to do and when.
     SGL Pittner is ready to give all the advice and counsel he can as to the
political realities. I am ready to make available all the resources of the
ARRL with lists and other information as well.
     What neither Nick nor I can do is any more of the day to day work. And
the operation needs is a fresh leader.
     My appeal is for anyone from the Contesting Community and/or the DX
Community to either step forward and call me or identify any one you feel can fill
this role and give me the contact phone number so I can make a direct appeal.

     As anyone can see, any member of the Contesting Community and/or the DX
Community is, by definition, more highly motivated toward this effort than any
other groups of hams in Ohio. Thus my appeal to you. All my contact material
is below. We certainly   would like to announce any name by Saturday 13th Ohio
Section Conference at the State Fire Academy.
     We want this tower protection into Ohio law.

Sincerely,
Joe, K8QOE

Joseph Phillips, K8QOE

    2800 Jupiter Drive