[Nodxa] NODXA CQWW WPX SSB Pre-Contest Luncheon (Update)

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org
Mon Mar 21 10:40:43 EDT 2016

This is an update on the Northern Ohio DX Association (NODXA)
"Pre-Contest Luncheon" (CQWW WPX SSB Contest) which is only 2 days away.
I need to turn in a head count on Tuesday, the 22nd. I forgot to mention
that the luncheon will be held in Buffalo Wild Wings large back room.

Usually NODXA has its CQWW WPX SSB Luncheon in March the Friday
afternoon before the CQWW WPX SSB Contest. However this year that
date is on "Good Friday", and the majority agreed to move it to
the Wednesday before.

Please let me know if you are attending or not......

The following individuals have announced that they will be attending or not:

ATTENDING: AF8C, K8AJS, K8BCK, K8KR, K8LBT, K8ME, KB8NW, KC8VTF, K8EUR(*),
N8DMM, N8TR, and WB8K

NOT ATTENDING: W1NN/JA, K8DJC, K8MFO, K8MR/4, K8YSE/4, K8ZH, KI8L, KZ8Y,
N8DCJ, W8AV/4, W8MET, W8TAH and WD8IOU

Many have not replied yet.......

  * Leaning towards/Could change...

Hope to see you there.... 73 de Tedd KB8NW

                       The Northern Ohio DX Association
                       CQWW WPX SSB Pre-Contest Luncheon

 Northern Ohio DX Association (NODXA) is proud to announce their annual
"Pre-Contest Luncheon" for the CQWW WPX SSB Contest. All are invited, not
just NODXA members. The luncheon will take place at 12:30 PM on Wednesday,
March 23rd, at:
                   Buffalo Wild Wings
                   8465 Pearl Road (R42)
                   Strongsville, Ohio 4413
 Easy to get to -- Take west R42 exit off of I-71. The restaurant is about
                   1 miles south on R42 exiting I-71
                -- The restaurant is on the east side of the street and
                   Walmart and Home Depot is behind the restaurant.....

 Attendees will be ordering luncheon off the menu. The restaurant has a
variety of different foods -- daily luncheon specials, great burgers, salads,
wraps, wings....etc. (typical bar food).
 The purpose of the Luncheon is to relax, have a good luncheon (along with
some spirits), enjoy the camaraderie with Contester/DXers, as well as
sharing your thoughts/strategies for the upcoming contest......

 THIS IS IMPORTANT! "Please" let me know if you are coming. I need a head
count for the restaurant and I need it before Monday, March 21st. I will
announce in the coming weeks who will be attending. We usually have 20
attendees, so let's hope for another great turn out.
           See you there.... 73, de Tedd KB8NW (NODXA President)

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org> <kb8nw at hotmail.com> <kb8nw at arrl.net>
Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)