[Nodxa] Amateur License Plates

Jim jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 17:20:38 EDT 2020

Last fall I renewed the K8MR plates on the Prius and the non-ham plates on the van, mailing the two applications I had received in the mail in the same envelope, with separate checks for each plate, and copy of my ham license. The van plates got renewed quickly, but not the ham plates, including that check not being cashed. I wasn’t sure if that was connected to the state wanting extra money from us people who drive fuel efficient cars.

After a few weeks I sent an email to Columbus inquiring, and in a few days the check cleared and the new sticker arrived.

I also understand that multi-year renewals are not allowed for ham plates.

YMMV,

Jim   K8MR