[Orion] Orion CW Keying - Minor glitches

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Dec 14 21:47:17 EST 2003

N5UL wrote:
 >This may have been reported before and I failed to see it.

         Yes, I had the same problem in CQ WW CW.  Also CT 9.92
and some earlier versions have a problem with mangling the
CW speeds if you use speed up (+) or speed down (-) in your
F1-4 keys.  I went back to 9.81 and it worked OK, so that is
purely a CT problem.  The combination of the Orion problem
(when you change PBT while sending) and the CT 9.92 problem
gave me fits until I figured out what was going wrong.

         Would not hurt for you to report the Orion problem to Gary
at ditsnbits at tentec.com .  I did previously but it would help
for him to hear it from others.  I also reported the CT 9.92
problem to K1EA.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV