[Orion] Orion Locking Up

N0KHQ at aol.com N0KHQ at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 10:02:27 EST 2004

Hi Mike,

First, upgrade your rig to ver. 1.372.

Before dumping the new version of software into the rig, perform the
following:

1.  Hold down the "VFO B" "LCK" button and power the Orion "ON" until
"Battery Failure"
is displayed at the top of the display screen. Answer yes to all the
questions asked during bootup.

2. Next, perform a Master Reset of the Orion as shown on page 47 of the
users manual.

3. Dump in the new Orion software as described by TT.

4. After the new software is install.....do another Master Reset.

These are the steps I take to update my Orion. There are a few other Hams
using this process, and to date, no issues have been reported with the software.
 Other than the few unwanted features (bugs) the Orion is working  flawlessly.

If after all this, you are still experiencing issues with unusual operation
of the Orion, I encourage you to look for stray RF in the shack. Stray RF will
 stop the Orion in a heart beat.

Happy Holidays

John / N0KHQ